Playbase was formed in 2010 with the aim of providing a high quality and rewarding childcare experience for the local community. Drawing on valuable experience and knowledge of the school aged care field, PlayBase has continued to grow and develop into one of the region’s most valued and respected services.
PlayBase is owned and operated by Adam Spaleta, who has over 15 years experience in organising holiday and sports programs. We believe our service is both unique and high quality, having catered for thousands of children in the Canberra/Queanbeyan district over many years. Promoting aspects of respect, tolerance, good sportsmanship, getting fit, skill development, building friendships and having fun are all integral to the PlayBase Philosophy.
PlayBase was formed in 2010 with the aim of providing both quality and beneficial child care for the local community. Under the guidance of the My Time Our Place National Quality Framework in school aged care and drawing on invaluable experience and knowledge of the school aged care field, PlayBase endeavours to continue growing and developing into one of the region’s most valued and respected services.
Working with children can be a challenging, rewarding and enjoyable experience. At PlayBase the philosophy is that children are a gift and should always be treated with dignity, respect and kindness.
Our service operates a program that is well planned, structured, safe and interesting for children. We employ quality staff and always ensure we create an atmosphere of warmth and friendliness. Children have always responded to this planning and friendly atmosphere and enjoyed their experience as well as looking forward to attending.
PlayBase services are committed to also providing a quality service where:
- The children’s physical, emotional and social needs are met in a safe, caring and supportive environment.
- Programs are designed to cater for the children’s age, skill, interests and abilities through a variety of challenging and recreational activities.
- Children, parent/carers and staff are treated with respect and their individual uniqueness is acknowledged and valued.
- The service encourages parent/carer and community participation. It welcomes open discussion on all issues relevant to the service’s operation. Parents are invited to give feedback and contribute to the life of the Playbase service.
- The importance of positive relationships between children, families, the service, school and community are all acknowledged, valued and enhanced by the service’s daily practice and interactions.
- The guidance of the National Quality Framework (NQF) is evident in the practices, procedures and reflections of each individual service.
- Our OSHC educators are valued and we enable them to access professional development and training to inform them of the latest research findings that will guide and empower them to effectively
support and nurture children.
The PlayBase philosophy also strongly promotes health and fitness amongst children. In an age of digital entertainment and increasing obesity levels in children, physical activity has become essential for physical growth and wellbeing. Participation in sport activities and specialised coaching clinics are all also an integral part of our programs. This has proven both highly successful and popular with both children and parents alike.
No matter what the nature, interests or personality traits are that make up each child, we believe everyone will have the opportunity to come in and enjoy themselves in a safe and secure environment with PlayBase!